Created on: 4/13/2011 5:17:25 AM Last Update: 4/17/2011 8:58:22 PM Posted by: RTT
WARNING: This entry is 1601 days old. It may contain broken links, out-dated or misleading content. Please read on with caution.
Barry Ritholtz goes long Citigroup - Update (184)
This is an update to our post here . Lets have another look.
For the Affirmative:
1) Red 45 degree line break is imminent
2) TrendStatus positive, above ZERO. Confirmed
3) Hurst Cycle break of zero, imminent.
4) Financial sector may get a boost as other sectors are too expensive.
5) JPM earnings this Friday could boost the Financial sector, if this happens Citigroup(C) will skyrocket in our view.
For the Negative:
1) Volume not exciting (not shown, could not fit it in screen capture tool)
2) Financial sector is a laggard.
3) The Gann Angle trend is only 2 units of time for 1 unit of price (2x1). It would be smarter to find trades at least 1x1 time to price rewarding.
4) We (RTT) dont know the fundamentals behind Citigroup trade. Assume Barry has it sorted !
5) Market momentum will be timid in the US Summer (in our view).
Click for popup. Clear your browser cache if image is not showing.
NOTE: readtheticker.com does allow users to load objects and text on charts, however some annotations are by a free third party image tool named Paint.net
..“What beat me was not having the brains enough to stick to my own game – that is, to play the market only when I was satisfied that precedents favored my play.”..
..“Investing should be like watching paint dry or watching grass grow. If you want excitement…go to Las Vegas.”...
.."Wall Street is the only place that people ride to in a Rolls Royce to get advice from those who take the subway"..
.."it is better to have few stocks and to watch them carefully”...
The minute you get away from the fundamentals – whether it’s proper technique, work ethic, or mental preparation – the bottom can fall out of your game.
Basketball Legend Michael Jordan.
We at readtheticker.com hold the view that a mix of stock chart technical analysis, Richard Wyckoff, William Gann and Jim Hurst methods plus market fundamentals allows the investor to formulate a very sound market opinion. These attributes are mutually inclusive and must be weighted equally before investing or trading in any Stock, ETF, Currency, Bond, Commodity, CFD or Mutual Fund