Created on: 4/13/2011 5:17:25 AM Last Update: 4/17/2011 8:58:22 PM Posted by: RTT
WARNING: This entry is 2025 days old. It may contain broken links, out-dated or misleading content. Please read on with caution.
Barry Ritholtz goes long Citigroup - Update (300)
This is an update to our post here . Lets have another look.
For the Affirmative:
1) Red 45 degree line break is imminent
2) TrendStatus positive, above ZERO. Confirmed
3) Hurst Cycle break of zero, imminent.
4) Financial sector may get a boost as other sectors are too expensive.
5) JPM earnings this Friday could boost the Financial sector, if this happens Citigroup(C) will skyrocket in our view.
For the Negative:
1) Volume not exciting (not shown, could not fit it in screen capture tool)
2) Financial sector is a laggard.
3) The Gann Angle trend is only 2 units of time for 1 unit of price (2x1). It would be smarter to find trades at least 1x1 time to price rewarding.
4) We (RTT) dont know the fundamentals behind Citigroup trade. Assume Barry has it sorted !
5) Market momentum will be timid in the US Summer (in our view).
Click for popup. Clear your browser cache if image is not showing.
NOTE: readtheticker.com does allow users to load objects and text on charts, however some annotations are by a free third party image tool named Paint.net
.."I believe that uncontrolled basic emotions are the true and deadly enemy of the speculator. That hope, fear, and greed is always present, these emotions sit on the edge of the psyche, waiting on the sidelines, waiting to jump into the action."..
..“Successful speculation requires staying on top of changes in industries and companies that either create new industries or improve on existing industries. The majority of your profits will come from these two … The shrewdest traders throughout history all adapted the skill of reactionary change, as the market constantly presents new and different opportunities.”..
..“Don’t try to buy at the bottom and sell at the top. It can’t be done except by liars.”..
..The time of maximum pessimism is the best time to buy and the time of maximum optimism is the best time to sell"..
..“Investing should be like watching paint dry or watching grass grow. If you want excitement…go to Las Vegas.”...
We at readtheticker.com hold the view that a mix of stock chart technical analysis, Richard Wyckoff, William Gann and Jim Hurst methods plus market fundamentals allows the investor to formulate a very sound market opinion. These attributes are mutually inclusive and must be weighted equally before investing or trading in any Stock, ETF, Currency, Bond, Commodity, CFD or Mutual Fund